Tuesday, March 28, 2017

PLANO HAS A RIDDIM

The world needs 45s like this. The world needs to be reminded that there is something between the Shaggs and Tammy Wynette. There are a thousand styles and a thousand singers and a thousand levels of expertise. I like the Shaggs, or at least the idea that they existed, and I like Tammy Wynette. I think we can all agree that they are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of talent and polish, so there's plenty of room in there for varying degrees of the two. Imagine my delight when I hear a record that sounds like an untrained flat-sounding Tammy Wynette doing a song with lyrics right out of the Shaggs playbook. For whatever reason, the oddball-ness of this record reminded me. Reminded me of what, I've no clue. But it made me pause to relish it's earnest shittyness. As a bonus, an instrumental version of the song, of similar quality.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ilene Rushing - Shake It Baby mp3 (via Box) at Dead Wax Once at Box look for blue "download" button to save. arrow to stream.
Richard Wolfe - Shake It Baby mp3
(via Box) at Dead Wax Ditto

No comments: