Wednesday, December 6, 2017

TODAY WE MOURN WITH FRANCE

Years ago I worked with a Swiss woman who was a few years older than me. Knowing that I was into music, she asked if I liked Johnny Halladay. Who? She said he was like the Elvis of France. Big fucking deal, I thought. We, us Americans, didn't have to concern ourselves with French wannabe Elvises. Not only did we have the real Elvis (though he was already dead), we had in our heritage Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Johnny Burnette, Billy Lee Riley and a shitload of others. Thanks but no thanks.

But that name Johnny Halladay stayed in my head, just because she had made such a big deal about him, the swooning and all of that. It's weird how things like that stay lodged between lobes. I have to give her credit. If her intent was to spread the gospel of some French rocker, it worked, inasmuch as I was at least aware of him all these years later.

Halladay just died today. It's time to pay back my Swiss ex-coworker.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: